Last updated: March 1st, 2021
Rupi Kaur Inc. and its affiliates (including 2654320 Ontario Inc.) and subsidiaries (collectively, “Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and Site users (”you”).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website rupikaur.com.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On our Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (collectively, ”personal information”).
- Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, timezone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), items you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our Website, subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter or other services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information, such as your credit card details, before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. (For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see ‘Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information’ below.)
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Log Data. We may collect information about your log on sessions through your browser or device when you visit our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, internet service provider, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel that collect, monitor and analyze this information.
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, programs or contests.
- To respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To complete order fulfillment, billing and delivery of goods and services you order on our Website.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To send you customized promotions and special offers, including through email and social media platforms.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes.
- To maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Website.
- To post your comments or statements on our websites and social media platforms.
- To detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, adjust your user preferences in your account profile, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization; and third-party companies that we may engage to fulfill your orders, deliver packages, send mails or emails, process credit card payments, provide support or customer service, provide web hosting, email delivery, location mapping services, or provide marketing assistance) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy. We require such third-parties to refrain from using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with our Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
Your personal information is stored and processed on servers owned by Company and other companies in Canada and the United States. If you are visiting our Website from outside of Canada and provide us with personal information, please note that it may be transferred, stored and processed outside of your country, including to or in Canada and the United States or to or in other countries, for example because a server or third party service provider is located there.
However, we may also process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. The data protection and privacy laws of other countries, including the United States, may not afford you the same level of protection as those in your own country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. By doing business or interacting with us, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information to and within facilities located in Canada and the United States and other facility locations selected by us.
You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about Company policies regarding service providers outside of Canada. See ‘Contact Information and Challenging Compliance’ below.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with our Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you no longer wish to have your email address or contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by following the instructions to unsubscribe set forth at the top or the bottom of our communications to you or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your accounts or purchases, product service experience, or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out mechanism to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. You can also opt out of certain targeted advertising by using the links below:
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and/or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Certain web browsers may provide an option by which you may ask your browser to inform websites you visit that you do not wish your activities to be tracked by cookies or other persistent identifiers, commonly called “Do Not Track Signals”. Although we are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals, you may opt out of tracking activities by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Our Website may contain links to other third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We neither own nor control these third-party websites and assume no responsibility for the data security practices of those websites. You should inform yourself with the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, DEVICES, ISPS AND APPLICATIONS
Company neither owns nor controls these third-party websites and assumes no responsibility for the information practices of those websites.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may only delete your personal information by also deleting your user account, if any. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We may explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this Website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will first be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or other contracting member states of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this Website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports about website activities and to provide further services connected with Website use and internet use for the Website operator.
The IP address transmitted from your browser within Google Analytics is not connected with other data from Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; please note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this Website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent the capture of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the Website (including your IP address) for Google and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This Website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This ensures that IP addresses are further processed in shortened form, which excludes the possibility of personal association. Any personal connection to the data collected about you will therefore be immediately excluded and the personal data will be immediately deleted.
We use Google Analytics in order to analyze use of our Website and regularly improve it. We use the statistics obtained to improve our products and make them more interesting to you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has committed itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 Section (1)(f) of the GDPR.
This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows which is carried out by means of a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under "My data" – "Personal data".
USE OF GOOGLE ADWORDS
We use the service provided by Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive offers with the aid of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data from the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. Our interest here is in showing you advertising which interests you, in making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
These advertising materials are delivered by Google via so-called "ad servers". For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, by means of which certain parameters for success measurement, such as the fading in of advertisements or clicks by the user, can be measured. If you arrive at our website via a Google advertisement, a cookie is stored on your PC by Google Adwords. These cookies generally expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. For this cookie, the following analysis values are generally stored: the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (indication that the user no longer wishes to be contacted).
These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits particular pages on the website of an Adwords customer and the cookie stored on his computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognise that the user has clicked on the advertisement and was redirected to this page. A different cookie is allocated to each Adwords customer. Cookies cannot, therefore, be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data during the advertising measures named above. We merely obtain statistical evaluations from Google. On the basis of these evaluations, we can determine which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the deployment of advertising materials; in particular, we cannot identify the users by means of this information.
On the basis of the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to Google's server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data that are collected by Google through use of these tools and are therefore informing you based on our state of knowledge: by integrating AdWords Conversion, Google obtains the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our internet presence or have clicked on an advertisement of ours. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged in, there is the possibility that the provider can learn your IP address and store it.
You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways: a) by configuring your browser software accordingly; in particular, suppressing third-party cookies means that you will not receive advertisements from third parties; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by configuring your browser so that cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com" are blocked, https://www.google.com/settings/ads, whereby this configuration is deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-related advertisements by the providers which are part of the self-regulating campaign "About Ads", via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this configuration is deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome at the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this online presence to their full extent.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. You can find further information on data protection at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
USE OF FACEBOOK PIXEL
We use the "visitor action pixels" from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or, if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook")) on our website.
This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider's website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook's Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
Rupi Kaur Inc.
Attention: Privacy Compliance Officer
130 Queens Quay East, unit 615, Toronto, ON M5A0P6
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact information listed above.
For Users in California
California residents are entitled to request a notice from us describing which categories of personal information we have shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes within the last calendar year, and the name and address of such parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please send an email in writing to the email or address under the “Contact Us” section below indicating “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line.